Montana Cooking: Cookbooks and Recipes from Montana Authors
From award winning restaurant chefs to rural ranch cooks, Montana authors have written some fantastic cookbooks.
Montana is full of exceptionally talented chefs, including James Beard Award winners and nominees. But we're also home to a vast number of home recipe creators, and those who carry on many generations of hearty, Montana traditions. It's really the best of both worlds. The modern and the old-school. Experimental and traditional.
There are so many Montana-based cookbooks that we couldn't possibly list them all here. But we DID scour the racks for some of the absolute best, old and new. A bit of everything, if you will. NOTE: Some of the cookbook authors no longer live in Montana, but we did make sure there was a Montana connection.
If there's a Montana cookbook that you love that we didn't include, please let us know. The best recipes are the ones you get from your friends, right? In addition to our curated list of cookbooks, you can find additional information about specific authors and publications here:
- Greg Patent: The Baking Wizard (James Beard award winning author)
- Jean Peterson & Chef Barrie Boulds (article in Yellowstone Valley Woman)
- Montana cookbooks on Amazon (what cookbooks show up in a simple search)
- Chef Greg Montana (Bozeman based private chef and teacher. Very well liked and highly reviewed. Official website.)
- The Best Recipes From Montana (as gathered by Taste of Home Cooking)
- 30 Famous Montana Recipes (article from 3 Boys & a Dog)
- Seabring Davis (official website of Seabring Davis - editor, author, freelance writer)