Montana’s Wildfire in Pryor Mountains: Crooked Creek 5,400 Acres
This wildfire is burning east of the "Robertson Draw" fire and is currently 20% contained. This fire is approximately 25 miles east of the small town of Bridger, Montana in the Pryor Mountains.
(See the Google Map image for exact location of this wildfire. The Pryor Mountains are located due south of Billings near the Wyoming border.)
- WHAT: Crooked Creek Wildfire
- WHERE: Located 25 miles east of Bridger, Mont., in the Pryor Mountains. It located in Carbon County near the southern boundary of the Crow Indian Reservation on the Custer Gallatin National Forest.
- SIZE: 5,400 acres with 20-percent containment as of Monday, June 21st
- PERSONNEL: Currently, over 220 people are assigned to fight the Crooked Creek fire.
- CLOSURES: YES - "Public lands near the fire have been temporarily closed due to public safety concerns. A pre-evacuation warning notice issued by the Carbon County Sheriff’s Office for twenty-five primary residences in the Sage Creek area remains in effect. "
- FIRE START DATE: Tuesday, June 15th, 2021 at approximately 7:00 PM
- ADMINISTRATIVE PARTNERS: Bureau of Land Management Montana/Dakotas, Carbon County Disaster & Emergency Services, Carbon County Sheriff's Office
Sunday's cooler weather allowed for minimal fire activity but warmer, dry weather is forecasted this week and next. We will update details of this fire if they change significantly.
Management of this fire transitioned to the Northern Rockies IMT #4 on Monday, as of 6:00 am.
This map tool can be used to see specific locations of Montana wildfires that are reported and have various fire details that have been verified. (National Fire Situational Awareness (NFSA) Tool)