Montana Folk Festival 2022: Things You Need to Know
One of the coolest Butte events is the Montana Folk Festival, July 8th through July 10th, 2022.
From the vast variety of folk music to Scandinavian Chip Carving and Ukrainian Easter eggs...if it's interesting and 'folksy', it's happening this weekend in Butte, Montana.
- WHAT: Montana Folk Festival 2022
- WHERE: Uptown Butte, Montana (66 West Park Street, Butte)
- WHEN: Friday, July 8th through Sunday, July 10th, 2022
- FREE TO ATTEND!
- TIME on Friday: 6PM to 10PM
- TIME on Saturday: 12PM to 10PM
- TIME on Sunday: 12PM to 6PM
- MAP: See exactly where all the events are happening
The Montana Folk Festival will continue to feature multiple stages with continuous live performances by some of the best traditional performers in the nation, including Montana’s finest, some of the region’s best traditional artists, ethnic and festival foods, a lively Family Area, two fine traditional art markets and Folklife demonstrations and workshops that focus on a new theme each year that highlights Montana’s heritage.
- PERFORMERS/ARTISTS: See the full 2022 list of performing artists here
- FOOD VENDORS: There will be two separate food courts serving the festival (at the Original Mineyard and on East Granite Street by the Dance Pavilion)
- FACEBOOK: The official Montana Folk Festival Facebook page
The Montana Folk Festival is a wonderful opportunity to enjoy everything that Butte has to offer. Although finding accommodations at a hotel might be challenging at this late date, if you've got friends to stay with...it's worth it!
Food, drink, culture, education, history and obviously TONS of music fill your days in uptown Butte. Although it's been a few years since I have attended, I found it very easy to "step away" and relax for a while. There's enough going on within the festival that it's easy to become a bit drained.
Bring sunscreen, an open mind and keep yourself hydrated...those would be my three big pieces of advice. Enjoy your time in historic Butte. This is a great weekend to enjoy her.